I have two web servers -- one old, and another I have just set up. I have tried to set up the new http.conf the same for php files, but the new one does not automatically parse index.php like index.html. This works on the old server, but not the new.

Here are what I think the relevant lines in http.conf:

#
# DirectoryIndex: Name of the file or files to use as a pre-written HTML
# directory index.  Separate multiple entries with spaces.
#
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
   <IfModule mod_php3.c>
       <IfModule mod_php4.c>
           DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html
       </IfModule>
       <IfModule !mod_php4.c>
           DirectoryIndex index.php3 index.html
       </IfModule>