On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> On 2003-02-06 17:37, Michael Graffam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Who is maintaining the GNU TeXmacs port to FreeBSD?
> >
> > The port is somewhat out-of-date: 1.0.1 is the current stable release,
> > the FreeBSD port is 1.0.0.
>
> You should first try contacting the existing port maintainer.

Of course, thats why I asked :)

>  Looking
> from the Makefile of /usr/ports/editors/texmacs, this would be:
>
>       MAINTAINER=     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ahh.. thanks :)

> You are always welcome to contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] or submit
> patches that update the port.  Courtesy requires though that before
> making any widespread changes to the port, you should try to contact the
> existing port maintainer.

Indeed. At the very least I'd like to try to help out getting any required
FreeBSD patches merged into TeXmacs properly. I don't mind if the TeXmacs
port lags behind TeXmacs-stable, but I'd like to at least be able to
compile the new development versions on my FreeBSD laptop like I do my
Linux desktop.

Thanks for the info..