navneet Upadhyay wrote:
> Hi ,
>        My product is successfully running on Linux( all most all versions)
> and HP- UX and Windows .
>
>   *It is 100 % C++ code*.
>
>  I am planning to support it on FreeBSD, i have two queries :
>
> 1. *How to build my code into binaries* on FreeBSD , i have my unix make
> files. Just to give an idea i have around 200 cpp files and they complile to
> 5 binaries . I am using multithreading(posix on linux) and sockets heavily.

gcc and g++ are included in FreeBSD base system - you get them by
default. Other possible dependencies (X11, etc.) you need to install
from the ports, then proceed "as usual".

> I dont want to run my application in linux mode, i have clear cut
> instructions to have BSD specific binaries.I have to see what is the
> difference between Linux and Free BSD in terms of file management, their
> structure, threading model etc.
>

> 2.* How to package the binaries*(RPM sort of thing). Idea is to provide a
> package to user who can install them binaries using this package by issuing
> single command.

Create a port directory structure, then create a binary package from the
port. Take care to read hier(7), specifically about the /usr/local tree
- that's where your application will install, and where the libraries
installed from ports will be installed (i.e. you need -L /usr/local/lib
and -I /usr/local/include, adapt as needed).