I'd like to set up a build server at home to save me time when running
portupgrade and building world.

I've read the handbook on this, and I'm happy with the process of NFS mounting
/usr/src /usr/obj and /usr/ports etc..

I've two questions though.

First, my home server currently runs 6.2-RELEASE - I update it using
freebsd-update and it doesn't have the source for world & kernel.
Is it possible to put the 7.0 source on this and build for installation on my
desktop, or do I need to take the server to 7.0 before I do this?

Second, is there anyway of building packages without installing them?
I'm not keen to put X and all my desktop gubbins on the server when I only need
it to build the packages.

Thanks for any help.

Peter Harrison.
--
"`That young girl is one of the least benightedly
unintelligent organic life forms it has been my profound

- Marvin's first ever compliment about anybody.