On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 07:42:49AM -0000, Kjell wrote:
> Yesterday I was 'playing' with vidcontrol. Got a few error messages, did
> a pkg_add and finally achieved what I set out to.
> Ever thereafter I have been receiving an error message on the hour and
> every 11 minutes:
> From:       [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Cron Daemon)
> To:           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject:   Cron <operator@tina> /usr/libexec/save-entropy
> Message:      vidcontrol: not found
>
> How can I stop it?  Running R5

Specify the full path to vidcontrol in the crontab entry that wants to
call it.  Remember that the environment available to cron is very
restricted, so you have to add to it as you need.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \