On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:26:42 +0100, Wojciech Puchar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

reason - it is a test for my backup system)
This slices are ufs formated and gbde encrypted. However -
if I insert the DVD the device nodes acd0a and acd0b are not

FreeBSD doesn't know that you inserted DVD until you will read it

Yes - you are right. I forgot to mention that I actually
made a read access i.e. with 'dd if=/dev/acd0 of=/dev/null bs=2k'
But this didn't solved the problem with the missing device
nodes.

Thank you,
 Martin L.