On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 07:13:17PM -0500, Chris Hill wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, David Alanis wrote:
>> Quoting Oliver Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>> Hi,
>>> What is currently the best way to attach and detach umass-devices
>>> automatically?
>>> Bye
>>> Oliver
>>> --
>>> Oliver PETER, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ# 113969174
>>> "Worker bees can leave.  Even drones can fly away.
>>>                         The Queen is their slave."
>>
>> Could you just edit your fstab to have:
>>
>> /dev/umass-device /umass /umass-type auto 0 0
>                                        ^^^^
> This will not make the auto-mounter daemon happen; rather, it will cause
> the system to try to mount /dev/umass-device at boot time. If the umass
> device is not connected at boot time, the system will need manual
> intervention in order to boot. Probably not what the OP wants. Besides,
> auto is the default anyway.

Thanks for your answers!

That's not exactly what I want - I thought about to plug e.g. an
usb-stick into my machine, let it mount via amd and after I detach the
device from my machine amd should umount the devices automatically.

Is this possible?

AFAIR bad things happen when a mounted usb-devices disappears...