Hi,

Is it possible to do a ''make buildworld buildkernel'' of the FreeBSD 6.x series sources on a FreeBSD 7.x machine and then install them onto a FreeBSD 6.x machine?

I ask coz currently I have 3 FreeBSD 6.2 machines and I build the world and kernel on one of them and install on the others (while updating etc). When FreeBSD 7 releases I plan to move one of the machines to that (and this is the machine on which I build stuff currently) so I was wondering if its possible to continue with things the way they are now ...

I understand I'll have to build separate port packages for 7.x and 6.x but I maybe there's some workaround for the base system ...?

Thanks, Rakhesh

---
http://rakhesh.net/