> He disobeyed a court order.  That makes him a criminal.  Whether
> what he was trying to do was "right" or not is irrelevant.  Once the
> court told him to stop, he should have stopped.

I happen to know David Ritz, and it would be extraordinarily out of
character for him to have violated a court order.  I don't know the
exact sequence of alleged events since most of the court papers are
sealed, but I do know that for part of the time he was in a coma in
the hospital.  As others have noted, the judge accepted the
plaintiff's claims at face value, even though there are strong reasons
to doubt his veracity.

This is a travesty of justice, nothing more, nothing less.

R's,
John

PS: It doesn't have much to do with FreeBSD, either.