> Daxbert wrote:
> >>I have a monochrome monitor I'd like to plug
> >>in to a pentium-based FBSD router.
> >
> > Does your system's bios support older video?  Video selection is normally found on
>the "first" bios setup page.
>
> Thanks.  I put back the VGA monitor card and
> checked.  On the BIOS set-up page it shows
> the display type as "VGA/CGA" but stippled
> out, as it also stipples out the amount of
> memory.
>
> There are other video related memory settings
> to be played with, but I'm guessing monochrome
> is not an option.  True??

Well, I just remember from the "old" days being able to choose between VGA, CGA,
MGA??.  Where MGA usually referred to a Hercules or
other monochome adapter.

The stippling (sp?) may be due to the BIOS auto-detecting the video type.  It may very
well detect "Mono/MGA/something" when the
monochome card is installed.

So, does your host boot, just without video suport?  Or does it sit there and beep at
you as if there was no video card installed?