On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:37 AM, Tge B wrote:
On FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE (GENERIC i386), I am experiencing a rather worrying
situation: connections to some ports (namely, 80 and
25) end up in a TIME_WAIT state - normal - but none have been removed
in the last 24 hours. My net.inet.tcp.msl was set to the default 30000,
a few hours ago I changed it to 5000 to no avail - all new connections
end up in the TIME_WAIT line, at the bottom of which are connections
from almost 24 hours ago that have been in the TIME_WAIT state ever since.

I believe there was bug there which has been fixed in later 6.x releases; please try upgrading to 6.3.

--
-Chuck