On 7 Feb 2003 at 11:06, northern snowfall wrote:

> Yeh, according to FreeBSD's /sys/isa/fd.c and /sys/sys/fdcio.h 360k 1.2M
> 720k are the only ones supported. This, in particular, is a Mitsumi D509V3 which
> is a 1.2M.

The fact that it's a Mitscrewme worries me.  I've seen a lot of trouble
with their floppy mechanisms.  1.2s were particularly troublesome.
Often they could read what they wrote, but not what was written
elsewhere.

Hmmm....  I suppose there's not much chance I'll get this here 8-inch
floppy drive working on my FreeBSD system.  Ah, well, all my disks were
written in DOS.H, anyway.

--
Jerry Dunham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]