ifconfig -a

em0:  flags .......lot of data .....................
status: active

( I'm guessing this is the ethernet interface)

lo0: similar stuff as em0

and my var/log/messages has a lot of data in it, I dont know if I'm
identifying a boot message accurately but there is a line that specifies the
location of a kernel boot file as /boot/kernel.............I dont know if
this is just default message present here