Hi Gary,

I just tested this exact code on php 5.2.5 and I didn't receive any error.

For further help with this you are welcome to email me privately as this is more of a php code problem :)

Gary Kline wrote:
        guys,

        i need some help from any of you who is current with php5.
        in '05 i wrote myown hit counter in php4 using the "." operator
        to write statements like:

        $dir="countdir/"; $filename= $file;

        if (! (file_exists( ( $dir.$filename) )))
        {
            // the if fopen cannot open, echo "Error" and exit(1)
        }

        this did work.  with php5, however, i'm getting a "divivde by
        zero" error on both lines.   thebest thing, or easiest, would be
to compilr php4. but i'd like to know some better ways.
        anybody clue me in?

        thanks in advance,

        gary