On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:57:49 -0600
Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Assuming you went from 6.3-RELEASE to 6.3-STABLE and also assuming you
> do not have customization in /etc - here's what I do...
>
> After a cvsup of the src tree (ensuring I want the STABLE branch
> (*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6)
>
> # cd /usr/src
> # make buildworld
> # make buildkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC (Assuming you use GENERIC)
> # make installkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC (Assuming you use GENERIC)
> # shutdown -r now (no need for Single-User Mode if YOU are the only
> user)

You can just type: "shutdown now" to go into single user mode. It
avoids the reboot sequence.

> # cd /usr/src
> # make installworld

I prefer to use the following after "make installworld"

        mergemaster -i -v -U

Read the man pages for mergemaster for further details.

> # shutdown -r now

After rebooting, you might want to cd to the /usr/src directory and
run:    "make delete-old-libs" to clear out any garbage. It is not
actually required however.

--

Gerard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]