If you review the "Not done" items @ http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFS and still are
doubting, then http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/zfs/whatis/ describes
what the features *can* be. I got a good impression from that text what the
advantages are, but I'm too conservative to migrate myself. YMMV.
very good.

"CAN be" isn't very useful. while ZFS provide "virtual partitions" (which may LOOK good), it doesn't work well with 2 or more pools created out of partitions not full drives.

my common config on machines with >1 drive is to make gmirror (or gmirror+gstripe) from first partitions of each drive, to store most common data, usually EXCEPT huge files, and gconcat from other partitions to store mostly big files, other rarely used things, copies of other things etc.

then drives seeks mostly within first partition so it's much faster, and i have unmirrored larger space on second.

with ZFS it is not possible, while it CLAIMED to completely and definitely remove all these burder about planning disk layouts.