Lachlan Michael wrote:

# su mailman
This account is currently not available.

I'm not sure about the syntax but limits -U mailman doesn't seem to make
the user mailman, but just use the class default.
su -m mailman

will do what you want. However, to be sure what your limits are, I would stick ulimit -a in the script that starts mailman, just to be sure. If the output from that is reasonable, and it doesn't seem to be messing with limits anywhere, then that's probably not the problem. Perhaps it's something about the attachment itself. Can you try some different, similarly sized, attachment?

How big does the mailman process actually get? top will tell you. Python and mailman presumably came from ports? Last I looked, python had a build option HUGE_STACK_SIZE which I've needed for some apps in the distant past, IIRC. Can you re-install python with that opt and see if it helps? (It's just a SWAG, and could be wrong!).

--Alex