On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 20:53:28 +0100 (CET)
Wojciech Puchar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > My first is to allow for dynamically resizeable swap
> > file of some sort, and via kqueue, a notification
>
> especially with todays drives - it's waste of time to implement this.
> nobody use swap FILES at all if swapping is needed unless he/she have no
> choice.
>
> swapping partition always will be faster.
>
> > believe this happened to when the swap partition and a
> > swap file were on the same drive. Perhaps a way should
> > be looked at to have multiple swap partititions and
>
> why you simply won't make swap partition BIGGER on the first place.
>
> swapping to files will be always much slower.

Even if you HAD to use files, i can't imagine that writing a script that groks
the output of the proper sysctl and creates a new swap file on demand would be
that hard.

But I agree with Wojciech..do you really want to use swap files?

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Warned.