My personal choice is to run 32-bit Linux version of OO under linux emulation (2.4.x branch)

First of all it survives FreeBSD base system/gcc/etc updates pretty well :) when using native one you should fiddle with compat libraries sometimes and so on.

Second -- it runs faster than native one :), especially if you got 64-bit processor.

Third -- you can get more recent linux version earlier than freebsd package. I'm running -CURRENT, so FreeBSD packages complited for older version not always work well or even does not work at all.

/Gaspar

--
Gaspar Chilingarov

System Administrator,