On Feb 4, 2008, at 18:08, Doug Hardie wrote:

I am just under 300K lines in that map at present. While I have always wondered where hash was going to break, I hadn't found the limit yet. However, the time to build the hash table is extremely large with that many entries. I ran some tests a couple months ago using btree for the map type (subject was 'Map size'). I didn't test over 300K entries, but it sure built the maps a whole lot faster. You might try that and see if it builds or not.

I just ran some tests using the BTREE method. I was able to build a database with 1,000,000 entries. It builds successfully and I can read all the entries in it. I believe that BTREE must also have a limit, but haven't found it yet. I doubt I will need to past a million records though so its now academic.