Rek Jed skrev:

I've been playing with thinbsd (http://www.thinbsd.org/) a while back.
It also boots from tftp without nfs and their boot loader works fine
(boots straight away).  Latest thinbsd is based on 5.4 so maybe it broke
in 6.x?  For a workaround I used pxeboot from thinbsd with my 6.3
jumpstart setup and it seems to work fine.  However this is quite dirty.

I agree that building a boot loader for TFTP should work on current sources, but what makes you think using an old boot loader is dirty? It's just a utility to load a kernel from the network. It's not like it will affect your system when it's installed.

Erik (Cederstrand)