Hi People,

        I wrote to the KDE list about Kmail endlessly updating
        itself and adding and bunches of messages to my INBOX
        on my mailserver.  Someone responded that it was
        probably not a KMail problem, but a server problem.  That
        seems probably since evolution and mutt also have these
        duplications.  So far, I'm seeing  between 5 and 20 copies
        of most mails.

        I did not set up the imap stuff; the networking volunteer did
        that.  I am running dovecot in my jail "aristotle.thought.org"
        on the host "sage.though.org". aristotle also hosts  my DNS and
        web server.   (FWIW, I'm still using my 400MHz Kayak with plenty
        of disk and about 0.5GB RAM for sage.  I monitor the load;
        it's reasonable.)

        My questions: are there any mail-server types amongst us who have
        any idea where I can began tracking this problem?  We're using
        procmail to put certain mail in various directories under kmail.
        I haven't used procmail since the early 90's and don't remember
        very much about it.  ...I won't hypothesize any further and further
        confuse things.  Just hope that somebody onlist can help me sort
        this out.

        gary