Gelsema, P (Patrick) wrote:
I am having problems with the vmware tools. It seems to die, everytime
when I start it or rebooted.

Feb 10 13:22:25 wolverine kernel: pid 566 (vmware-checkvm), uid 0: exited
on sig
nal 12 (core dumped)

$ uname -a
FreeBSD wolverine.superhero.nl 7.0-RC2 FreeBSD 7.0-RC2 #0: Sun Feb 10
13:01:07 CET 2008 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/WOLVERINE i386

I'm running 6-STABLE and thusfar I haven't had an issue, but I've only had them installed for a brief period.

My long-term experience with VMWare has been that FreeBSD is in the "barely supported" category by VMWare. The guest OS tools are designed to help the VMWare host snoop on the OS internals to better manage resources like memory, so there's a chance that the tools you're running are referencing internals changed from 6.x to 7.x.

That'd be my guess. You may want to post over on VMWare's forums and find out if others have this problem or if 7.x is even considered usable with the tools.