Wojciech Puchar wrote:

possibly (my connection is to slow now to try realtime) you may do

mplayer `youtube-dl -g URL`

gnash and swfdec-plugin (both in ports) will also play youtube movies if
you need them in your browser for some reason :)
2 more reasons to not use proprietary non-portable software with strange licencing.

Does anyone know of a free software replacement for flash plugin that is BSD licensed? gnash seems to be furthest along, but I'd prefer something BSD.

James