Hello list

I installed to a clean box freebsd-5.0-release. All seemed to install
well. With a RELENG_5_0 tag I cvsupped and recompiled the kernel with
device pcm in an effort to get the soundcard working. The soundcard shows
up as this:

pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1370> port 0xd800-0xd83f irq 9 at device 14.0 on pci0

there is also another card on

pcm1: <CMedia CMI8738> port 0xe400-0xe4ff irq 11 at device 17.0 on pci0

the latter is built into the motherboard. I can't get either to work.
With previous editions of freebsd it was easy to get the soundcard t
work, just follow the instructions on the website. These don't seem
appropiate for 5.0. When, for instance, going into x11amp the only
device options come up as default, with no choices. x11amp seems to play
but there is no output. xmms freezes whatever the configuration

I guess I'm looking for a how-to specific to 5.0. Any pointers/howtos
gratefully received.
--
John - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.reiteration.net/~jfm
For PGP public key finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] or see webpage