On Thu, Feb 14, 2008, at 13:34:03 +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> The resulting *.flv files play fine with mplayer. I wanted to
> convert them to *.swf file and stumbled over the port
> multimedia/p5-FLV-Info. Installed it and flvinfo works fine:
>
> $ flvinfo RicardoAlarcnconlosestudiantescubanos1parte.flv
> File name  RicardoAlarcnconlosestudiantescubanos1parte.flv
> File size  21521449 bytes
> Duration   about 878.942 seconds
> Video      13185 frames
>   codec    Sorenson H.263
>   height   240
>   type     interframe/keyframe
>   width    320
> Audio      33648 packets
>   format   MP3
>   rate     22050 Hz
>   size     16 bit
>   type     mono
> Meta       3 events
>
> but the converter flv2swf fails with:
>
> $ flv2swf -v RicardoAlarcnconlosestudiantescubanos1parte.flv
> RicardoAlarcnconlosestudiantescubanos10parte.swf Cannot set metadata
> at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/FLV/MetaTag.pm line 143.
>
> any idea or any other converter? thx
>
>       matthias

I personally have not needed to do much converting from flv, however I
installed the current version of the multimedia/p5-FLV-Info port (0.18)
and tried flv2swf out on your file which seemed to work fine.

I would suggest making sure you have an up to date ports tree and
then try again with the latest version of p5-FLV-Info as it completes
without error here.

-Mark

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)