People:

   I  have a FreeBSD-6.2 installed fresh machine , I want this machine as my
Slave DNS server ,

 here I can't start  named service , Whats wrong with my box ?  I cant find the
 /usr/sbin/named executable  in my machine ,
is it needed to install bind from ports collection ? just installing the OS
should do this default right?
 unfortunately its not working for me : how can I make it work?

did I have to install it from ports ? if so which are the dirs &files  to
remove from the machine (the  OS installed named files& Dirs )

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# /etc/rc.d/named stop
Stopping namedrndc: not found
: rndc failed, trying killall: No matching processes were found
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# /etc/rc.d/named forcestart
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# sockstat -4p 53
USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN ADDRESS
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# /etc/rc.d/named stop
Stopping namedrndc: not found
: rndc failed, trying killall: No matching processes were found
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# find / -name named
/var/named
/var/named/var/run/named
/var/run/named
/etc/rc.d/named