Hi,

first of all, you used that bad letter. Just call it X. Never add an s at the end of the other word. Some people are real allergic to this.

Robert Falanga wrote:
First let me say that I am quite new at freebsd or any other unix type system. My son helped me set up the xwindows (KDE) on this system. It has worked OK for quite a while and then yesterday I was trying to install a printer. Evidently I messed something up and now I get the following:

You must have some printing system installed on the machine.

I would recommend CUPS for this purpose.

Go to a console and enter this:

pkg_info | grep cups

You should get then some output like this:

cups-base-1.3.3     Common UNIX Printing System
libgnomecups-0.2.2_4,1 Support library for gnome cups admistration

This error messages are too general for me.

hostname: not found
dd: not found
Couldn't create cookie

I haven't a clue as to what is wrong, would someone help PLEASE?

If you have CUPS, you can use a web browser to administer the printer.

What kind of rpinter do you have installed?

Erich