> Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:52:58 +1300
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> CC: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: Still looking for a calendar server...
>
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 02:21:44AM +0000, Da Rock wrote:
>>
>> I've brought this up before, I know, but I need a caldav server that will
>> work with evolution. I've checked out Darwin Calendar Server, but they are
>> not going to solve an issue (as of 2006) that means evolution can't use it,
>> and evolution won't budge either- so a mexican stand-off and I'm caught in
>> the middle (probably with others).
>>

> You could try Bedework http://www.bedework.org/ and see if that fits
> with what you want. However, it requires Java Web container to live
> in.
>
> Cheers.
> --
> Jonathan Chen

It looks almost perfect, but once again I have been stumbled. I need to setup
tomcat to get it working, and tomcat is now installed, but the apache connector
is the tough point again- I'm trying to install mod_webapp as per instructions
here (http://www.osnews.com/story/3558), but the port breaks with missing
includes.

It appears FreeBSD just doesn't want to be a calendar server! I am chasing
either the developer or another poor soul trying to get the mod_dav_acl (which
is required by mod_caldav) to work on anything other than linux. Once this
hurdle is worked out then the caldav module might work very well.

As for bedework I'll keep on that track- I have to get somewhere eventually!
One way or the other....

At the end I'll post the result, and maybe I'll work on a port or something.