Hi,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 6.3 on a system with a Asus P4S800D-E
motherboard. I believe it uses the SiS 955TX chipset to control the hard
disks. When I enter the sysinstall utility to do a Standard Install,
sysinstall does not recognise my hard disk. This is because the SATA hard
drive runs off its SATA controller and is not normally seen by OS's unless
3rd party software/drivers is loaded. There is no FreeBSD support on the SiS
website, however I found another thread:

in which the guy clearly states he got the same motherboard working in
FreeBSD.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'll appreciate any help, thanks.

PS: I'm using MS outlook to write this message, and tried to format
everything as plain text. If it still comes out whack on UNIX systems,
please advise me and I'll try something better next time.