On Monday 18 February 2008 15:23:33 Tim Daneliuk wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:
> >     To my fellow C nerds,
> >
> >     It's been a  great manny years since I wrote this appended
> >     snippet.  Now I can't remember why (of if ) I need all the
> >     strcpy() calls.   Is there a simpler, more logical way of
> >     printing a bunch of string by snipping off the left-most?
> >
> >     In short,, can anyone 'splain why strtok needs all this?
> >
> >     tia,
> >
> >     gary
>
> I don't think you need the copies.  This works just as well:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <string.h>
>
> main()
> {
>    char *bp, *tok;
>    char *delim=" ", s1[256]="abc def ghi jkl mno.";
>
>    bp = s1;   /* Now both point to the literal string to be tokenized */
>
>    while ((tok = strtok(bp, delim)) != NULL)
>    {
>      bp = NULL;
>      printf("tok = [%s]\n", tok);
>    }
> }

I'll try this and compare it to what Joe sent.  Also looking at publib.0.39
that LIW started years back.  Ideally, I think it's better to malloc space
because given my intended use, the strings could be relatively few ... or run
into the thousands.

Parenthetically,  I'm trying to get use to kmail, and evolution, both of which
are hard to save the attachment-of.     mutt is so much easier.

Thanks for the feedback.  much appreciated,