On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 19:28 -0700, James wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 11:54 +1000, Da Rock wrote:

> Is this line right? Shouldn't it be /etc/apache22 etc, or am I just
> misthinking?

> > > The two things I always screw up: permissions and DNS. If
> > > your /etc/hosts isn't set up properly, and/or hosts.conf's URL entries
> > > aren't correct, weird weird errors can happen. If something is set to
> > > 444 instead of 755 (as appropriate), other weirdnesses occur.
> > >
> > > Are you using a www user? Make sure they're added as appropriate for the
> > > file.
> > >
> > > I know *none* of this may be helpful, but I always check those and I've
> > > usually screwed one up. Otherwise, is there anything
> > > in /var/log/httpd-error?
> >
> > You could be right with that, but I think its in my setup somewhere.
> > What shows up if I navigate to /webapps is it recognises Apache-Tomcat
> > but gives me a 404. I can't navigate directly to Tomcat, but I'm not
> > sure I've got it right. 8009 seems to be just for the connector, and
> > 8443 does nothing.
> >
> > It appears to me that I haven't got a directory on Tomcat setup but I
> > haven't a clue where to set it. Web.xml seems right, but then I'm not
> > sure...

OK. Tomcat is working- I managed to find out how to get direct access to
it (had to uncomment a line in server.xml, web.xml). Still  no Apache /
Tomcat connector though. If I navigate to /webapps it says 404 -
although this says the error comes from Apache Tomcat6. Is it the
connector config I need to play with or the Tomcat? In either case, what
do I need to change?

I found through a search that older versions of Tomcat need to have a
listener line in the server.xml. Is this true for Tomcat6?