David Schulz wrote:
Hello,

my Goal is to setup a FreeBSD Server that hosts about 5 Images of (licensed) Windows XP, which i made either using QEMU or Win4BSD. Those Images then i want to make accessible to old Macintosh PowerPC Machines, so the Users can access one or two Applications that only run under Windows XP. I would like to know from anyone in a similar situation how to accomplish this best.

Currently, I pretty much have it setup for myself, so when i open X11 on my PowerPC Machine, and type in ssh -X server_address windows_xp , i do get an instance of Windows XP on my PowerPC Machine.

The trouble here for now is server and network performance. I would like to know if anyone of you has any suggestions for me on how i can make the network load as little as possible. I read that freenx is offering really good responsiveness, but unfortunately it is marked as broken on my System using FreeBSD Version 6.3.

I'm using net/rdesktop for that. It's native to win, easy to setup, easy to work.

qemu bla-bla-bla -redir tcp:3389::3389 -nographic

You can use different outside ports for different virtual machines.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.