Hi,

Lone Wolf wrote:
I'm not going to serve any one, I just want to take a small test drive with
FreeBSD .

I run it on a smaller machine than this but with more RAM.

Regarding my graphic card, it is 32 MB, is it ok?

This sounds like an overkill. I would say anything from 4MB onwards will be fine.

Does FreeBSD come bundled with GNOME?

Not in that sense. But you can choose to install GNOME during the first installation.

I would recommend to install a plain FreeBSD without X first.

If you have a good Internet connection, just add the ports than as binary packages. If your Internet connection is not this good, install whatever you want from CD.

Install only the missing pieces in the third step via Internet.

Erich
Thanks demons!

Olivier Nicole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I'm thinking to install FreeBSD on
my old PC.
---
Processor: Intel Celeron 1.3 GH
RAM: 192 MB
---
Is my hard ware sufficient?

Sufficient to do what?

Until not so long ago, my DNS server was a PIII 550 MHz, with
something like 120 MB RAM, serving about 150 clients.

I changed the hardware mostly because I had bigger machines available.

Olivier

    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before.
  E.A Poe