Chad Perrin wrote:
On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 10:13:39PM +1000, Da Rock wrote:
On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 12:51 +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
by not being linux at all.
FreeBSD is more a server than a desktop system. Ubuntu particularly is
FreeBSD isn't both desktop or server system. it is just unix - it depends from the user how it's being used.
True. But looking at it from a newbie point of view the statement helps
give it perspective. I have to translate for people all the time and I
know this works.

We all know that FreeBSD whoops linux's ass, but as to how it does this
is beyond most newer users. :P

The way you phrased it makes it sound like FreeBSD is simply unsuited to
use as a desktop system.  Contrary to that impression, I'm sending this
from a Thinkpad laptop with FreeBSD on it, and it's by far the best
"desktop" OS I've ever had the pleasure to use.

Aloha,

I use 3 FreeBSD Destops and 1 old Dell laptop, all with XFCE 3 GUI all the time.

 + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org + [EMAIL PROTECTED] +
 + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* +