James Harrison wrote:
On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 12:02 -0600, Darryl Hoar wrote:
Greetings,
I am looking to install a CMS system (something like postnuke) and want to
have a blog component.

Anybody have any recommendations ?  If it is in the ports, it would be even
better.

thanks,
Darryl

I've been using git  a fair bit; it's fast as all hell. It's what the
linux kernel guys use, though I'm considering moving over to bazaar
because it archives more metadata.
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bazaar_(software)

The BSDs traditionally use CVS, so at the very least you know that's
good over long term for a lot of files.

Uhh, CMS != CVS.

The OP needs to give more information. What are the requirements? Is it just a blog and a couple of static pages, and very few users? Go with Wordpress. If you're building a community site or a company site with lots of pages, customers. editors etc? Drupal is great for that. $100.000 government site with customizations galore? Use Plone.

All three are in the ports tree.

Erik