I'm trying to get away from Adobe products (which are becoming rather
agressive towards OSS), but I need to find a graphic software that can
handle CMYK properly.

I've tried GIMP (which has great tools) but it doesn't handle CMYK
files- it only uses sRGB.

I've tried Krita, but it doesn't work as well as GIMP tool wise, and I
can't specify images sizes very well at all- it only works on pixel
size, not inches or dpi/ppi.

Therefore both are great for designing screen images, but not printed
images. I even tried using GIMP to design (using CMYK colours here), and
reformatting to a CMYK file with Krita. Problem with this is that the
image size doesn't work once reformatted, plus I need to export to pdf
which neither do and so printing to pdf means the final image size is an
A4 and god knows what dpi.

Anything better out there?