Alex Zbyslaw wrote:
Per olof Ljungmark wrote:

Hi,
Some confusion here. A fresh 7.0-PRERELEASE install, sources from yesterday, no ports installed yet.

I usually configure ntpd as part of the setup procedure and check back later if it is syncing. Well, today I was in for a surprise I cannot explain:

%/usr/sbin/ntptrace
/usr/sbin/ntptrace: Command not found.

ntptrace is a perl script.  On my system it starts:

#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w

and if that is missing the diagnostic is Command not found.

Install perl!

Looks like all base dependencies on perl haven't quite gone away.

--Alex

Indeed. Just got Perl in and

%ntptrace
localhost: stratum 3, offset -0.016361, root distance 0.001830

Thanks a lot!