I found it.

I'll try it out, and see what we get.
Interesting thing is, that i went again to verify the finds that i wrote in my letter, and it is not the ping itself that increases performance, but the fact of multiple connections - while pinging from console (ping -f), the behaviour stays the same, 5-13 Mb/sec varying, when i log in through ssh and do the ping -f , it seems to me that the fact of the second _active_ connection actually improves the things.

Nenad

<SNIP>
On the other hand, i experienced that when i try PING on the File
server's IP address from the fileserver, i get performance increase in
the transfer speed - the bigger the traffic i generate, the better the
results, which max out at 25-27 MB/sec with flood ping.

Has anyone else experienced any similar behaviour?

Regards,

Nenad

Just as an FYI, you may find it better to use FreeNAS, which is based
on FreeBSD.

http://www.freenas.org/

        -Derek

believed to be clean.