From: Derek Ragona <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Sent: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 8:32 pm
Subject: Re: My Rebuild Problem

At 09:14 AM 2/23/2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Now I get this when I try and log on:
>

>no /boot/loader
>
>All I want to do is rebuild the silly FBSD! Again, I fell into this silly
>>loop when I tried to rebuild:
>
>-- Select Drive
>-- FDISK Partition Editor ("Q")
>-- Install Boot Manager
>
>and it just goes round, and round, and round. Can I just wipe the disk and
>>start over? And why these strange problems? I´m not connected to the
>>Internet, so no possibility of virus. Never had this problem before.
>Help!
>Tony

Tony,

You don't mention what version you installing.

Be sure your BIOS is not set to not allow boot sector writes. Some BIOS have
this set to thwart boot sector viruses.

A few things you can try:
You can boot FreeDOS and run booteasy from the tools folder on the FreeBSD
install CD to install the boot-manager.
Boot the FreeBSD install CD and use the emergency shell to check the hard drive
for the correct creation of the folders and kernel.

If all else fails you can reformat and start over.

  -Derek

-- This message has been scanned for viruses and
believed to be clean.