I'm currently running Solaris 10 Update 4 on x86 hardware at home.

I'm excited that ZFS is coming in FreeBSD 7.0.

I've found that I don't really like Solaris that much (no ports!). I find it so different from other OS's and I don't want to learn another OS just to have a decent fileserver.

So I'm looking forward to migrating to FreeBSD 7.0 from Solaris 10 Update 4.

Since ZFS was ported from Solaris, at version of Solaris 10 or OpenSolaris Nevada is FreeBSD 7.0 support similar to?

In other words, will a lose some features, fixes, and enhancements in ZFS on FreeBSD 7.0 or will I gain?