On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Jona Joachim wrote:

My .xinitrc has an xmodmap tweak to switch the Ctrl and Caps keys. For some reason these changes are not applied when I start X, Ctrl is still Ctrl and Caps is still Caps. However I have to run xmodmap twice when X has started to actually make it work. It seems like the changes were applied but somehow not used by X, when I rerun xmodmap it seems like it switches the keys back to their original states and when I then run it again it finally works.

Here's my .xinitrc:

[snip]

I asked essentially the same question four months ago - see http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-October/160815.html - and received a couple of "me too" responses. Now I get to say "me too" as well. Still no fix AFAIK.

Anyone?

--
Chris Hill               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]