On Feb 1, 2008, at 8:12 PM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

I have a stable 6.3 production server. If I buildworld/kernel for 7.0,
install them, and reboot, will everything pretty much work the same as
it did under 6.3, or have file locations, userland configuration, etc.
changed?  Will my 6.3 binaries run unchanged on 7.0 as well?
TIA,

You will want to check /usr/src/UPDATING and /usr/ports/UPDATING for changes before doing any kind of update.