Quoting Predrag Punosevac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

eculp wrote:
I have installed freebsd server in a small company that has approx 30 pc's of all sizes, shapes, brands, etc. They have just realized that a large part of the problems that they had before the firewall was caused by the 30 windows pc's that were connected directly to the ISP's wireless router. They would like to change the PC's to unix desktops.

I would like to install FreeBSD or any other bsd but don't feel that we have the drivers available to substitute such a wide variety of hardware. I would love to be proven wrong. Therefore I am considering a linux version with a graphic installer that will make it easier to train someone to install on any new machines that they add later. My problem is that I haven't done a linux install since before FreeBSD 2.2 IIRC and have no idea which version would be the most versatile and has an installer that is basically brain dead simple with most all drivers. I suspect that I am asking the impossible but you never know.

I'm sure that I'm not the only person to run into this situation and I would sure appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

ed

PC-BSD would be a good choice but stay away from PBI. You may try also DesktopBSD, TrueBSD, or RoFreeSBIE.

Something like the above would be my choice except for potential driver availability and FLASH9 that hold me back. I've not looked at TrueBSD or ROFreeSBIE although I have used FreeSBIE 6.0 IIRC.

Thanks,

ed