Are you happy with your 45mb/s?  Wern't you claiming gigabit here?
Seems if it was gigabit then 45mb/s is a problem, eh?

One more test for you.

Map a drive on your 'doze system

Drop to command line  (start->run->cmd)

xcopy a sample file from c: to the mapped drive

xcopy a sample file from mapped drive back to c:

Time it

Compare the times, what are the results?  What are
the results in comparison with the other tests?

Ted