Robert Huff wrote:
RW writes:

 And also bear in mind that amd64 uses memory less efficiently
 than i386

        Would you care to elaborate?  (A pointer will do.)

                                Robert Huff

The only 'less efficient' thing 64-bit programs have, are larger pointers as well as other potenial data items. Though I'm not sure I'd consider this 'less efficient'. Ok, so we have larger binaries and a bit more ram usage for the aforementioned, but isn't that all? I'd guess to say yes, and if it is, then that's not so bad. In fact, I don't think I'd even call is an inefficiency.

My 2 cents.