herbert langhans wrote:
Hi Daemons,
a basic question before I run into experiments. I run a Cups printserver
installation on a Slackware server. And now I want to connect from a BSD7.0
workstation to this server to print.

I have to install Cups as well on the BSD-client? Is that right? Or can I access it even simply by setting up printcap?
Yes you do unless you want to use LPR protocol. As you know the CUPS normally uses IPP protocol for communication over the network which is not supported by native LPD spooling system.

You also have to add the file client.conf inot /usr/local/etc/cups with the server name which can be IP address. Something like ServerName 192.168.0.2.

Check the documentation http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/sam.html

Cheers
herbs