On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 14:40:56 -0600
Kevin Kinsey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Being as named is now crapping out ("bad system call"), I'm thinking
> I'll try a Windows solution (not that I'd consider using a Winbox
> here, but I may backup the data, wipe the disk, and try again)
> unless lightning strikes and I figure it out pretty soon.
> Fortunately, this isn't a mission-critical BIND server.  I do need to
> get httpd/PHP back up, tho, because it's hard to print HTML invoices
> for February when you can't serve HTML ;-)  The system's so unstable
> I'm not sure I wanna waste any more time fighting with it at this
> point.

I concur; when the time to diagnose and correct a problem exceeds the
amount of time to simply start over, I would definitely choose to
start over fresh. Besides getting a potentially more stable system, you
will also effectively remove a lot of debris that you probably no
longer need.

I have been in the same situation a few times and it just seemed like a
more logical action to take.

--
Gerard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

God must have loved calories, she made so many of them.