Did you upload the firmware to the printer?

I'm not sure if this printer is the same as mine (1020), but I think
this is a dumb printer, which requires a firware upload each time it
is power cycled. Unfortunately in my case, the FreeBSD USB driver had
to be modified in order to talk with the printer, as it was not
capable of communicating in a USB compliant manner, prior to the
firmware upload. (Genius.)

-Modulok-