On Friday 07 March 2008 20:08:29 Fred C wrote:
> I have one of my disks over heating and I would like to monitor the
> disk temperature. Is there any way to get the disk S.M.A.R.T
> information on FreeBSD?
>
> -fred-

The smartmontools in sysutils/smartmontools :
The smartmontools package contains two utility programs (smartctl and smartd)
to control and monitor storage systems using the Self-Monitoring, Analysis
and Reporting Technology System (S.M.A.R.T.) built into most modern ATA and
SCSI hard disks.  It is derived from the smartsuite package, and includes
support for ATA/ATAPI-5 disks.

WWW: http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

--
Beni.